Updated: Sep 9, 2022
It is with pleasure that I welcome you, Herbawho members. We appreciate that you took your team to read our first post. On the 12th of every month, our designated nutritionist on the team will write a post about weight loss, general nutrition, and fitness.
Around 30% of people in Hong Kong were obese in 2015. I've seen that 30% of primary school students are overweight as a former school teacher. A lot of people in the city are obese. We can expect an increased risk of type-2 diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, and cancer with Obesity. This problem will pose a serious financial burden to both individuals and society if it isn't fixed soon.
The reality is that it's up to us to tackle the problem. Fortunately, the trend can be reversed. It will require time, education, and lifestyle changes. Are you ready to make a lifestyle change for yourself?
Here are a few simple steps you can do to start your weight loss journey:
1. How much do you reckon your TDEE will be? TDEE is the abbreviation for total daily energy expenditures. It's possible to calculate how many calories you need every day to maintain your weight. You can easily make this calculation with the help of the TDEE Calculator at www.tdeecalculator.net.
2. Subtract 20% from your current TDEE. "Cutting" is the process that this is. Reducing your daily calorie intake is what this means. It was found that a 20% cut was sustainable.
3. Tracking. You can track your calories after the first two steps. A few weeks will create a habit. You will have enough experience to know how many calories are in a meal after a month. Calorie Counter - My Net Diary is a free app that will help you track your daily calories.
4. Diet Plan. The plan was to have a diet. It's a good idea to have a high protein diet. According to many medical articles, people who start their day with a shake are more likely to maintain healthy body weight.
5. Regular physical activity. A regular exercise routine helps maintain a healthy body mass and brain function. I've seen a lot of children living a stationary life. The parents are not active. Regular exercise helps build a stronger body by stimulating brain function. It's recommended to train at least 3 times a week. Walking for at least 30-40 minutes a day can improve your cardiovascular health.
Follow these 5 basic steps can dramatically improve your overall health and improve your quality of life.
Please feel free to share this blog on your social media.
-Herbawho's team nutritionist.