It's NOVEMBER FESTIVALS! Let's party!
Happy Holidays!!! Depending on where you are. Back home in Canada, November 11th is Remembrance day. For my American friends, that is Veterans Day. Here in Hong Kong, it's Single's Day. With festivals, different cultures have different ways of celebrating.
In North America, we used to have BBQ or fest or gather. Now I am here in Hong Kong, I've noticed people are shopping either online or offline. No matter how you celebrate, remember your health is your number 1 priority.
Here are a few ways you can keep yourself on track for your weight management.
1. It is ok to have your burger and fries but keep it to once a week. If you have your Mcdonald's just once a week, yes it will have an effect on your weight... but it will only affect you by around 5%. Remember everything in moderation.
2. If you skip the gym, at least have 10 thousand steps a day. A lot of people carry their smartphones around. You can always download a free step counter for your phone so you can count how many steps you've made every day.
3. I admit. I love soda. However, most soda is full of sugar. It is possible to switch to diet soda or sugar-free soda. Most diet-free or sugar-free soda has no calories and the carbonation gives you the full sensation. It is a good idea to have those instead of regular soda.
4. Have your veggies! Here in Hong Kong, most restaurants don't really serve vegetables. Don't skip them. Replace some of the snack food with nuts and fresh fruits. Remember that an average human male requires over 35g of fiber a day and for women, it's over 27 grams of fiber a day.
5. Final tip is that have your protein. Protein is the building block of your body. You need all 9 essential amino acids for your body to function properly. They can be found in meat and dairy products. For vegetarians, it is a good idea to supplement it with a protein shake.
For everything, remember my team and I are here to assist you in your weight-management journey. - Herbawho Nutritionist.